Our client is a global leader within the FMCG market and the largest supplier within its specialisation in this market within Australia.
They are about to transition data to a new ERP platform.
They are seeking a Master Data Specialist to work on a complete overhaul of their current data within a Navision environment to prepare for this transition.
This position is a fixed term role between 12 and 18 months tenure.
This role will support operations by monitoring and analysing master data, key data, and master relationship data within the ANZ business.
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems through designing and maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Provides assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial and product and customer data that is consistent and meets stated international business rules and requirements.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
The Master Data Specialist is responsible for the management and coordination of master data across the ANZ business. Working closely with the business subject matter experts in order to ensure data quality, compliance and operating procedures.
Key Project Role Requirements
- Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases to meet business needs. Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
- Conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
- Develops and implements strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Form and lead internal project team of subject matter experts (SMEs) to integrate data strategy, policies, controls, and programs.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience as a Master Data Specialist desirably within an FMCG market.
- Knowledge of Navision environment and data manipulation
- Desirable to have worked in an SAP or AX environment.
- Good skills in data administration, design, and architecture.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop guidelines & structures, to establish sets of rules; strong conceptual and analytical capabilities
- Experience in project management and project leading
- Good change management skills – ability to implement changes and manage key people
- Good business understanding and ability to work across multiple functions and work with multiple IT platforms
- Ability to engage teams and individuals to embed processes as part of daily business
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, international colleagues, and management.
- Ability to mediate and bring different stakeholders with different objectives to agree on a consensus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of GS1
- Experience with integration of different business/IT platforms – PIM / PDM
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Master Data Specialist to grow their career and work with a global market leader within the FMCG sector.
If this is you and you are can start within the next two to four weeks then please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Please quote job number 2369 and only send your resume in WORD format.
|Job Category||Information & Communication Technology|